AfterBirth Drops Benefits:
* Supports the natural production of oxytocin hormone to stimulate after-birth contractions
* Promotes natural delivery of the placenta
* Supports the body in its natural ability to shrink the uterus back to its pre-pregnancy size
* Helps to soothe the mother during the third stage of labor
* Promotes postnatal recovery
* To promote fast recovery and healing after labor, childbirth or Caesarean visit Birth-Heal™
The after birth process - bouncing back
Once the challenges of labor and childbirth are over and you are holding your dear new baby in your arms at last, it is time for the third and last stage of labor - the delivery of the placenta. This is the last hurdle you need to cross before you are home free!
While you will probably feel excited to see your baby for the first time, there is still work to be done to complete the process of childbirth.
The natural way
The body naturally facilitates contractions after birth. These contractions (sort of like aftershocks from an earthquake) are needed to expel the placenta and relax the mother after delivery of the baby .These contractions are triggered by a hormone called oxytocin.
A new mother's body continues to release oxytocin once the baby is born. It does this because the uterus still needs to contract to detach and deliver the placenta and membranes which have contained and sustained your baby throughout the pregnancy.
Your first physical contact with your baby will also produce an extra rush of oxytocin hormone. This 'surge' makes the uterus contract to facilitate the separation of the placenta, so it can deliver spontaneously. As the placenta totally separates it folds down over itself, with the increased weight helping to shear off the membranes (or sac, that the baby was encased in) from the rest of the uterus and for the whole afterbirth to pass down through the cervix, to be expelled.
It can take up to an hour or more to deliver the placenta - many new moms spend this time trying to relax and recover, or enjoying their new baby! Natural herbal ingredients have been studied for their ability to support the female system during labor. ((McFarlin BL, Gibson MH, O'Rear J, Harman P. "A national survey of herbal preparation use by nurse-midwives for labor stimulation. Review of the literature and recommendations for practice." West Virginia University School of Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Morgantown 26506-9186, USA. J Nurse Midwifery. 1999 May-Jun;44(3):205-16. J Nurse Midwifery. 1999 Nov-Dec;44(6):602-3.)
What is AfterBirth Drops?
AfterBirth Drops have been especially formulated to support mothers during the third stage of labor - the delivery of the placenta. Containing a proprietary blend of herbal ingredients, Afterbirth Drops help to support this natural process and complete labor, while providing natural uterine tonic support for postnatal recovery, during which the uterus returns to its pre-pregnancy size.
The formula remains true to the whole spectrum method of herbal extraction, ensuring the bio-availability and balance of all the active ingredients contained in the remedy.
This method of manufacture also significantly reduces the likelihood of side effects and maintains all active ingredients in perfect balance - exactly as nature intended!
How has AfterBirth Drops helped others?
“I am a firm believer in the use of natural products and used your remedies throughout my pregnancy. My labor went well and I managed to avoid all types of artificial, medical intervention. By the time I had delivered Kayla, though, I could not believe that I still had to push more to deliver the placenta! I was ready to collapse from the effort of the previous hours! I am so glad my midwife remembered about my AfterBirth Drops and gave them to me to take. Within minutes I felt motivated, clear-headed and ready to give those last few pushes that were needed of me. Thank you [Native Remedies]- your products helped me every step of the way!”
—Valerie P, WV, USA
“Thank you for all your wonderful, natural "helpers" for labor. These were recommended to me by the Natural Birthing Center I attended and I really feel that they made the process easier and more positive for me. I ordered your Complete Birth Pack and I particularly loved your Eze-Birth Drops and AfterBirth Drops. These remedies helped me so much when I was feeling desperate and helpless as if I could not go on. Just wanted to let you know that your remedies are making a difference to many pregnant women and new moms out there!”
—Susan, SC, USA
Add your comment below!
Disclaimer: Testimonials have been edited to comply with FDA regulations. While positive results are likely, the testimonials used are general results and are not intended to represent or guarantee that anyone will achieve the same or similar results - individual results may vary.
What are the Ingredients?
AfterBirth Drops is a 100% herbal formula which contains the following carefully selected herbs in therapeutic dosage:
Native Remedies' products are created using our Full Spectrum Approach™ (FSA), a set of standards and processes that combines the best quality, laboratory-tested, raw ingredients, good manufacturing practices and a Full Spectrum manufacturing method to guarantee you products of the highest quality, safety and effectiveness.
This product contains no animal products, gluten, artificial colors, flavors or preservatives, is suitable for lacto-vegetarians, is not tested on animals, and backed by our One Year Unconditional Money Back Guarantee.
* Black cohosh (Cimicifuga racemosa) has been used for thousands of years by Native Americans - and some forms of the herb have also been used in Traditional Chinese Medicine. It has become more well known in the Western World through research on its supportive effect on hormone functioning and support of the female reproductive system. (Liske E. "Therapeutic efficacy and safety of Cimicifuga racemosa for gynecologic disorders". Adv Ther. 1998 Jan-Feb;15(1):45-53. Review.) Frei-Kleiner, S., Schaffner, W., Rahlfs, V. W., Bodmer, Ch, and Birkhauser, M. "Cimicifuga racemosa dried ethanolic extract in menopausal disorders: a double-blind placebo-controlled clinical trial." Maturitas 8-16-2005;51(4):397-404. Black Cohosh can also help promote soothed nerves and support a state of relaxation.
* Cramp Bark (Viburnum prunifolium) supports relaxation and helps to address common nervous tension. It has also been researched for its effects on the uterus and the female reproductive system. (Baldini L, Brambilla G, Parodi S. "Research on the uterine action of Viburnum prunifolium". Arch Ital Sci Farmacol. 1964 Jan;14:55-63).
* Pasque Flower (Pulsatilla vulgaris) is widely used to help lessen common nervous tension - particularly useful during childbirth! Pasque Flower also supports stable mood and feelings of well-being - important after childbirth. It has also been used as a uterotonic - supporting a healthy uterus!
* Fennel Seeds (Foeniculum vulgare) have been used traditionally to 'settle and calm' the digestive system - but can also support the body in its natural task of producing breast-milk. Furthermore, this herb also supports healthy digestion in babies. (Alexandrovich, I., Rakovitskaya, O., Kolmo, E., Sidorova, T., and Shushunov, S. "The effect of fennel (Foeniculum Vulgare) seed oil emulsion in infantile colic: a randomized, placebo-controlled study. " Altern.Ther.Health Med. 2003;9(4):58-61).
How do I use AfterBirth Drops?
Use during the third stage of labor (delivery of the placenta). Add approximately 1/4 cup just boiled water to 5-10 drops of tincture and allow it to cool (this can be prepared up to 24 hours beforehand if you like).
Drink as is or dilute in water or juice. Repeat after 1/2 hour if necessary. Use under the supervision of a doctor, homeopath, naturopath, or midwife.
AfterBirth Drops is highly recommended along with the following natural remedies for maximum effectiveness:
* HeavenlyLabor Massage Oil™ :Promotes a pleasant birthing experience
* NewMama Drops™ : Natural flower essence support for mind and spirit after becoming a mom!
* Welcome Baby™ : Flower essences for new babies to support transition from the womb to the world!
AfterBirth Drops are backed by our 60-day money-back guarantee so you can experience relief risk-free.
How long until I see results?
AfterBirth Drops works almost immediately to support the body in its task of delivering the placenta helping you to relax and enjoy the bonding experience with your new baby.
How long will a bottle last?
AfterBirth Drops are formulated specifically for the last stage of labor (the delivery of the placenta) and one bottle is more than sufficient for one labor.
The formula has a long shelf life when stored correctly and the remainder may be used for subsequent births during approximately a 5 year period.
To save more than 33% on your 90 day supply of AfterBirth Drops, see our Buy 2 Get 1 Free special below.
The time immediately following your baby's birth, even before the placenta is delivered, is a crucial period for bonding. You will want to see and cuddle your new little one as much as possible.
Most routine newborn procedures, can be done without taking your baby away, so don't allow him/her to be separated from you unless it is medically necessary.
Procedures such as weighing and eye drops can be delayed allowing you and your partner to relax and bond with the newest little addition to your family!
Expect to feel:
* Contractions that are very manageable
* Joy, relief, and a mixture of emotions
What Your Partner Can Do:
* Hold the baby and you
* Remind you of relaxation and breathing techniques.
Some women save the placenta - perhaps ask your practitioner to give you a quick tour of this amazing organ that nourished your baby for so long. In a homebirth it may be your responsibility to dispose of the placenta, so be sure to ask! For some families planting the placenta is a ritual.
* Dig a deep hole, at least 16 inches deep
* Bury the placenta
Wait at least a year before planting a tree or anything over it (the soil will be too rich and kill the plant). Planting a tree over the placenta on baby's first birthday for example, is a wonderful and special ritual!
AfterBirth Drops are manufactured according to the highest pharmaceutical standards,. Individual ingredients are well-researched, natural, safe and effective.
To save more than 33% on your AfterBirth Drops purchase, Take advantage of our Buy 2 Get 1 Free Offer.
Article courtesy of Native Remedies.com